1. The “jewels” of the Church are faith and love and perseverance.
2. We ought (are bound) always to thank God for
faith that is growing more and more and for
love for one another that is increasing.
3. We ought to boast about God’s work in aiding perseverance, patience, endurance, and faith in the midst of all the persecutions and trials.
As Jeremiah 9:23-24 (NIV) says:
This is what the Lord says:
“Let not the wise boast of their wisdom
or the strong boast of their strength
or the rich boast of their riches,
but let the one who boasts boast about this:
that they have the understanding to know me,
that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness,
4. God’s justice is right and moral.
5. God will give relief and comfort.
6. The Lord Jesus will be revealed in his glory.
7. Those who reject Christ will be excluded from his glory.
8. God’s people are a testimony of his grace and peace.
9. We need to pray that God will make us worthy of his calling.
10. We need to pray that God’s power will bring to fruition our every desire for goodness and our every deed prompted by faith.
11. God’s glory (doxa, doxology) as expressed through our lives is like a floodlight that shines on a house but does not bring attention to itself, only to the object of the light. Jesus is the image of God’s glory. As Hebrews tells us:
“The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word.” (Hebrews 1:4)