We are soon to return to Kentucky from our western travels. We have seen a bit of six states on the way: Oregon, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, and Washington. I am attaching ten pictures to give the flavor:
- Haystack Rock in Cannon Beach, Oregon. We were able to walk on the beach several times and had beautiful sunny weather which was a special treat for Oregon.
- The confluence of the Columbia River and the Pacific Ocean. This was not clear due to rain, fog, and wind.
- Astoria Bridge which connects Oregon and Washington. Very poor visibility at the time of our visit requires me to borrow a picture from the internet.
- Old Faithful in Yellowstone.
- Teton Pass from Idaho into Wyoming. 10% grade on both sides; enough to cause a little anxiety.
- The Grand Tetons; beautiful views.
- Tetons viewed form Jenny Lake.
- Bear Lake which straddles eastern Idaho and Utah.
- Snake River Canyon was beautiful with many colors and many rocky crags.
- Snake River provides water to a big part of southern Idaho and eventually drains into the Columbia.
God has made a beautiful world for us to see and enjoy.