THE CHURCH ALPHABET
TO READ ALL 26 POSTS IN ORDER CLICK HERE
As we conclude our look at these 26 words of The Church Alphabet, we need to note that God speaks through words. His great and ultimate book, the Bible, is the expression of his true character in written form and is full of his holy words to us.
Jesus comes to us through the written word, the Bible, and as himself, the incarnate Word of God. He identifies with us in both of these ways and sends his truth to change our lives and to enable us to live daily in the power of his Spirit.
- He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God–children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:10-14 NIV)
- But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:7-9 NIV)
So, in the end, you must answer the questions:
- “What will you do with these saving words?“
- “What will you do with the ultimate word, Jesus?”
- “Do you accept him as Lord and Saviour?”
I just have a question and I’m really not trying to be rude or funny. How can there be so many different versions of the bible? How can any human being be authorized to edit God’s word? And finally, which edition of the Bible (Good News, King James, New World, etc.) has the real, unaltered word of God as it was first set forth to human beings? Thanks