The Wrestling with Truth class addressed four big questions that were asked of Jesus:
QUESTION ONE (Mark 11:28):
By what authority are You doing these things, or who gave You this authority to do these things?
QUESTION TWO (Mark 12:14):
Is it lawful to pay a poll-tax to Caesar, or not?
QUESTION THREE (Mark 12:23):
In the resurrection, when they rise again, which one’s wife will she be?
QUESTION FOUR (Mark 12:48):
What commandment is the foremost of all?
Various possible answers on two levels of understanding were discussed:
- Level 1 Level 2
- Present authority Eternal authority
- Message from religious system Message from God’s word
- Immanent Transcendent
- Political Spiritual
- Biological inheritance Moral inheritance
- External law Internal law
- Legal Spiritual, moral
- Giving some Giving all
- Separation from God Eternal life
- Death Resurrection
The discussion will continue next week.