Jesus continues his ministry
Questions to consider:
- In what ways did Jesus present himself as a prophet?
- What did he do in this role?
- Why didn’t some people mentioned in the text not like Jesus?
- What evidence is there that those who followed Jesus were truly committed?
- Why did Jesus choose these specific men to be his 12 disciples?
- Were his 12 disciples “born” as such or were they “made” to be such over time?
- What specific things did Jesus call the 12 disciples to do?
- Why did Jesus need 12 disciples to be “with him”?
- Have you ever done anything to make your family think that you were crazy?
- What does it mean for a house to be divided against itself?
- In what context did Abrahan Lincoln use this scripture passage?
- What is the point that Jesus is making in the discussion of “blasphemy against the Holy Spirit”?
- What does it mean to do God’s will and be a part of Jesus’ family?
The “gospel” speaks to us of the possibility of deliverance. This deliverance is provided by Jesus’ identification with humanity and by his work on the cross It can be immediate and is available to meet all our needs. The deliverance Jesus provides is for the whole person, for body, mind, and spirit.
I always enjoy your readings. I think of them as a bible study.
It was 1000,000 times better then what I heard at church this morning.
What a gift God has given you Timothy.
Love ya both
Sandy and Lorne