Well, in spite of pouring rain and much wind outside this morning, the WWT class went on as scheduled. Today, we began a series on the main themes of the Old Testament. We considered Genesis 1 and 2 on the topic of LIFE.
Some thoughts to think about:
- It all begins with God. He is the Creator.
- God, through His Spirit, moves from formlessness and chaos to order and structure.
- God expresses Himself as Trinity — as CREATOR, as WORD (LOGOS), and as SPIRIT.
- God as Author/Creator demonstrates his power throughout all scripture.
- There is a home for mankind. There is work to do — caring for the garden and naming the animals that God brings to man. Man is not to be alone. He walks and talks” with God and with woman.
- Mankind is made in the image of God. As such, he is special. This is expressed in capacity (such as rationality, speech) but primarily in relationship. It is characterized by complementarity, mutuality, creativity, and fruitfulness.
- Other ideas in the passage include majesty, mystery, food, blessing, goodness, time, Sabbath, marriage, stewardship, transcendence, and immanence.
We have begun a good conversation about theses ideas. We now embark upon further themes from God’s written Word.
The picture is of Natural Bridge in Kentucky — a unique geological formation that includes a scary path across the top. . . . TLT